30 Apr 2013

I Am Different

I’m rifling through the pockets in my mind,
Unaware of my surroundings.
                        I sit alone in the corner.
                        Make my mind look occupied. Pretend their not watching.
                                                                                    Hope their not looking.
What’s wrong with me?
            Why are they staring?
                        Is it the way I look?
                                    Is it the way I act?                               
                                                                                                            Their stares haunt me.
My body is overcome with immense sorrow.                            
                                                                                                            I am different.
They don’t understand my way of life.
They do not speak my obscure tongue.
            To them, I am a stranger, searching for solitude.
                                    What makes me different?
                                                                                    It’s on the inside, that’s what counts.                                                                                         All these years, people telling you,                                                                                             Appearance doesn’t matter.                  No, don’t be judged, be happy, be content.                                                                  Love you not your followers.
Push aside                    the hatred and open to your loved ones.
                                                                                                Let out the conflict inside.
                                                            Dig
                                                                        deep.
Give it everything you have and don’t look back.
                                                                                    But still, even after inspiration.
                       
Do we listen?                Do we follow through? Do we put those words to action?
           
We put ourselves through so much.                  Stress                                       Hardship                      Make a better version of ourselves.                                                                                          Only making us more insecure.

All I ask.
Is WHY?

No comments:

Post a Comment