23 May 2013

            The sight of two grade nines exchanging saliva in the middle of the hallway is truly an experience I’ll miss once I leave high school. At Princess Margret, we are not just a school; we are a family, some of us closer than others. As I trudge through the halls, desperately trying to get to class before the bell, I constantly end up behind the couple that holds each others hand outstretched taking up the entire hallway. Even though I’m in a hurry and the two could not be walking any slower, but I don't mind, I enjoy admiring the great bond they have together and watching them giggle. What intrigues me most is when you are having a pleasant conversation with your friend, then out of nowhere, their attention shifts to their significant other that just walked by. Now not only are you left talking to yourself in the hallway, but now the two are completely blinded by each other and have forgotten that you even exist. I’m glad couples these days are so comfortable showing their affection for each other in public, I’m sure the teachers enjoy it just as much.      

No comments:

Post a Comment