1 Mar 2013

Of Mice Of Men Chapter 7

            Slim and George sat down at the bar. Slim put a hand on George's shoulder and stated, "Like I said, George, sometimes a guy's gotta."
            George starred into the distance, “When push comes to shove, I tell ya’ that sure aint’ easy.”
            Tomorrow is another day, trust me on this, there’s always a light at the end of the tunnel.” Slim said sympathetically.
            George’s shoulders drooped with disappointment. “Whatta’ I do now Slim? I aint got nobody.” He looked up with eager eyes, “Lennie was my damn friend! He never did nothin’ wrong. He was just as dumb as a doorknob, that’s all.”            
            “You did the right thing back there. It prevented something worse happening. You wasn’t going to let no man like Curley shoot your best friend.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment